Please click to see our ESafety policy.
We have also included age limits for social media platforms. Please read to see the dangers of allowing your children on these sites.
- Many sites include an instant message function which allows private conversations between site members
- Most social networking sites have an app version available, meaning your child will have access to the social network from their smartphone or tablet. Some app versions of social networks use the location of the phone.
- Information shared between friends can be easily copied and may spread
- It isn’t easy to take back information that has been posted – and can be impossible if it’s already been shared.
- Not everyone your child meets online will be who they say they are. Chatrooms and forums can connect people who are complete strangers and can be unmoderated
- Chatrooms and forums are one of the places online groomers go to connect with children. This is sometimes done through video chat programs.